Saturday, April 2, 2011

THIS NEW DAY

Photo courtesy of Photobucket

It’s hard to believe that a week has gone by since I last posted. As my friend, Kilroy, says – tempus fugit. Between my brother and myself, much of this time has been spent frequenting the medical profession…UGH…so the flight was not all that agreeable. The appointment for the biopsy results is now scheduled for next Tuesday. I have a feeling our hospital visits are far from over.

Because we are at the busiest time of the year in the office, and due to the recent financial difficulties, our staff has been reduced to two, so Line has been shouldering much of the work required. That lady is worth her weight in gold!! Fortunately, other than meeting clients or arguing with civil servants, accounting can be done in the middle of the night to catch up if need be….as long as your brain is awake. It doesn’t give one much time to worry, and that’s a good thing.

What also helps is the smell of spring in the air. I’m usually up to watch the sunrise, and very soon it will be possible to do so from the swing on the gallery. Already this morning, wrapped up cozy in a fuzzy housecoat, hands warmed by the first coffee, Grump and I spent a few minutes out there watching the different hues of pinks light up the dawn sky, listening to the birds cheerily greeting each other, drinking in the beginning of a new day. Moments such as these renew one’s spirit. It’s like receiving a big, warm hug from Nature; it inspires hope and joy and strength to handle whatever may come our way.

I’m expecting an early visit from Helen this morning. We haven’t seen each other for some time, so I expect we’ll have lots to say. I need to finish cleaning up the mess left by the water break in my bathroom downstairs, run a tuna casserole over to my brother, finish up a file brought home from the office, and stop in to get a cuddle-fix from my little grandsons. I haven’t seen them for ages, so I am overdue for their special brand of morale boosting. My daughter just called and wants me to come and visit her new house, which is a 40 minute drive from the bush.

Grump has been very patient about not getting his regular walks, so I’ll make it up to him later this afternoon. Tonight is Hockey Night in Canada – hopefully the Habs will give me reason to dance.

A full agenda, but delightful activities, so you can be sure I’ll be SMILING! I’m sharing those SMILES with you, and wishing you all a great weekend!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

2 comments:

polichon said...

C'est bon de te lire après de si long moments . Il me semble que tu coures toujours après ton souffle pour accomplir tout ce que tu as à faire. J'espère que tu n'auras pas trop à courir l'hôpital, parce que çà aussi peut être éreintant. Qui est Helen qui doit aller te voir. Je pense que c'est une de tes vieilles copines, right? Its nice of you to smile irregardless of the multiple problems that are sent your way.xxx. me

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

paxil