Wednesday, April 20, 2011

SNOW AND ICE AND...SMILES


Check it out! A view of Grump through the double-face fireplace - I was in the living room, and he was warming himself in the bedroom. The reflection of living room window is behind me, and the bathroom door is in background behind Grump.

My Dunany Demons played a trick. They do so every year. They let you think it’s spring; you make an appointment with the garage for removal of winter tires, then bang! They are right back in your face with a vengeance! Wet snow, strong wind, hail, ice rain – they poured it all on as of 2 AM this morning…and it’s still happening out there. Very pretty but, for many people, a complete deception…and a semi-depression.

Yours truly, however, has learned from experience, and my truck is still sporting its winter footwear. Yes it IS experience…whatever made you think that it could be procrastination which just happened to pay off??

Because of the road conditions in this area, I was forced to work at home. (Love the word ‘forced’ in this context – it makes things so definite, no choice, not my fault, etc. LOL) Okay, so I decided not to risk the travel. My tires are good for this type of weather, but I knew many others had anticipated nothing but sunshine, better gas mileage (or were not procrastinators) and have changed over already. THAT was what worried me.

The first business call came in at 8:15 AM….and it rolled from there. The electricity did not fail, the reception for remote computer access was adequate, and I managed to get quite a bit accomplished, although not exactly what was planned for today. It doesn’t matter. Grump was a happy doggie, and I was here to greet my grandson when he arrived. He was grinning from ear to ear as he told me he would not have to return up north right away; he’d be staying home. I mentioned his being disturbed when the renovations started downstairs at the end of the month; his smile just got wider.

“I’ll help the dude, M’mère. And there’s the lawns to be raked, the garage to be cleaned, and other stuff to do around here too.” Oh yes!!!
And M’mère, once again, has somebody to cook for on a pretty regular basis! Chicken parmesan, Chinese fried rice, and lemon tarts…I sang gleefully as I prepared our supper for tonight. A little extra to share with his buddies who show up whenever he arrives. And it so reminds me of the way it was when his mom and his uncles were his age and still living at home.

What do you think? Am I SMILING?

Oh, yeh! Sharing with you, my friends; it’s a biggie, there’s lots to go around!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

Non seulement mémère semble heureuse de ce temps là, sans oublier Grump qui doit être fou comme un balai d'avoir de la compagnie toute la journée. Good for you both.Souhaitons que ton petit fils reste à la maison assez longtemps pour voir à la coupe de ton gazon et autres petits travaux. Chanceuse.