Monday, February 14, 2011

SHUT UP!!


Part of my driveway
I think I may have to move…or at least stay out of sight for a bit. I’ve been lamenting publically that there is not enough snow this year. My Demons paid attention. The past week has left us with many inches of that beautiful white stuff, and now even my children are warning me to ‘Shut the #*%& up!!’ LOL! It seems that there are very few people in my immediate area who share my appreciation of real Canadian winters.

It was a quiet, working weekend for me. I drove into the city early yesterday morning to meet a client, and then toiled at the office until about noon. There were some errands to run afterwards, but my truck was so grimy with muck and sand that it was a feat of athletic ability just to get in and out of it without transferring a good part of the dirt to my hands and clothes. I decided to swing by the local carwash on the chance that, with our temperatures being warmer than normal, it would be open. It was, so I paid my dues (thinking all the while of FSI), and no longer had to rely on contortion antics….plus I felt much better driving around in a clean vehicle.

My grandson was home for his days off, but the poor tyke’s old car died on him, and is now a part of the scrap yard. His pride and joy, a built-up Honda Civic, is stored for the season in my garage, and he had purchased a ‘beater’ with which to boot around. Fortunately there was a buddy following him on the lake road; it would have been quite a walk in the middle of a cold night. Being our easy-going Fred, he brushed off the event with a shrug and a grin, telling me there are ‘other used cars on the market’. In the meantime, he seems to have no trouble finding rides, although most of them can’t make it up my driveway hill. They park at the bottom and climb to the house, lugging hockey equipment and backpacks without complaint. The magic of youth!

I expect I’ll be doing the job from home today. It has been snowing since yesterday afternoon, and shows no sign of letting up. Because of The Weather Network’s predictions, I had stuffed my case full of papers before leaving the office – plus what I picked up from the client. There’s plenty to keep me busy…as long as the hydro holds out. And if it doesn’t?

Well...I have a warm, crackling fire, enough light to read, and a doggie to cuddle...and a toboggan waiting in the garage if that hill gets too tempting….so whaddya think?

Yep…I’m SMILING!! Sharing it with y’all!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: