Thursday, January 27, 2011

JUST A NOTE

Grump and I are coping. I don’t need the Dog Whisperer to tell me that Grump is feeling Bud’s absence as keenly as I do; I’ve seen it happen before. Yesterday was the first day in his life that he was completely alone in the house, and I was expecting some evidence of displeasure on my return home, but all I found was a doggie VERY happy to see me. My grandson arrived late last night and will be around off and on for the next few days while I am at the office, so that should help.

I have not yet received news from the evaluator, or the bank, and we are on tenterhooks at the office, wondering if it the amount allowed will be high enough to carry us over into the tax rush...or until we can manage to get back on our feet. My co-workers are fantastic. They continue working in spite of not being able to take a pay for the last two weeks. It has been more than a month since I touched a cheque too; we’ve been taking care of strict necessities only, being helped along by our savings, loans from our children or, in one case, the spouse. If things don’t get back on track, it certainly won’t be for lack of effort and sacrifice.

Although ours is more serious because of the events with the ex-associate, I know we are not the only company feeling a crunch. Those of our clients who are having difficulty paying us are not lying – we are in the perfect position to know it. Even the bill collectors are willing to negotiate...for a while....which tells us we are not the only ones with financial woes.

Speaking of which, it’s time to head into the city. We are finally getting some snow, so the drive is bound to be longer.

I want to say a huge THANK YOU for sharing my feelings about Bud. It is still too soon to talk about it much, but your comments and support warmed my heart.
Sending you out wishes for a great day, with lots of love and caring and, of course, SMILES.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: