Monday, January 24, 2011

MORE OF THE SAME

Slightly nippy out there! It was -28, without taking into account the wind chill, when my son and Yoshiko landed on Canadian soil last night; quite a shock after enjoying the warm weather of Mexico for a week. I picked them up, winter coats on arm, and we drove to Longueuil where I exchanged my passengers for the cat-sitter, my brother. It was half past midnight by the time I walked in my own door, and not much later when I rolled into the arms of Morpheus. I set the alarm for 6 AM, because I still have housework to finish up before the evaluators visit this afternoon. Maybe it’s the cool air, but the snooze button was slapped down a few times before I felt able to pull myself out of bed this morning. I love it when I sleep like that!

My youngest son and a nephew came over yesterday to do little things that require strength and special know-how. While I worked on the overflowing closets, they hung a fan in the living room, put up my guardrail for the stairs, and moved things around in the garage so there is some semblance of order in there now. There is still much to do, however, and lazybones here picked this morning to get up late, so my post is going to be short. It’s also garbage day, and Bud, being unable to go up and down stairs, has left me some little gifts on the gallery. Probably frozen solidly into the snow this morning. The weather being so cold, I’ll need to hack away with the shovel to pick them up. I don’t expect the evaluator would give me much of a rating if he/she ends up with doggie doodoo all over his/her boots! I can’t imagine it will help even if I assure them that stepping in sh*t it a sign you’ll be rich. (I wonder who ever came up with THAT saying?!) Actually, it will be interesting to see what my house is worth now on the market, whether it works out in my favour or not. Something learned, something gained.

I’m off to do the tasks. Keep your fingers crossed for me that all goes well, please! I slept like a baby, the sun is shining, the view spectacular, so I’m SMILING, no matter what! I hope you’re wearing your SMILE too!

Luv from the bush in Quebec,

No comments: