Monday, January 24, 2011

MY BUD


This January 24th, at 4:30 PM, I lost a loyal friend. He seemed to sense what was happening. The vet was astonished, told me that he was fighting the medication, which he did to the end. I held his huge head in my arms, that strong snout which sent everything flying when he would ram it under my arm. One last wag of his tail....it seemed to last so long.....

I wanted to read tonight, but I can hardly see. It is difficult enough even writing this.

I won’t say R.I.P. Bud, because peace was the last thing he wanted. He was an eternal shit disturber, and I loved him all the more for it. I’m sure, when Ben and Beef see him arrive, crossing over Rainbow Bridge to join them, they are both saying “Oh no!! Not you again!!”

My heart is breaking into a thousand little pieces, but imagining his response makes me SMILE.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: