Wednesday, February 3, 2010

MORNING BLUES

Yesterday morning, I hit the floor running. I try not to schedule appointments until 10 AM, mostly because arriving on time depends on the traffic rush hour, and I don’t like the stress of worrying about being late. This appointment was at the client’s office, which is on the outskirts of the city, and I felt safe accepting to meet at 8:30 AM. I just never learn!

I woke up late. This does not happen when I have NO need to be at a certain place for a certain time, but just let me confirm a meeting, and my body does an ‘about face’! It doesn’t help that it takes me so much longer than it used to before I am fully conscious. I won’t even attempt to make coffee too quickly after I get out of bed – the water may end up in the coffee can, and I’ve been known to dump the coffee where the water should go. What a mess that was!!

What has happened? I can remember jumping out of bed, into the shower, having breakfast on the table and the kids up and ready for school, getting dressed and out the door myself – all within an hour. I often managed to get a load of wash folded too. Let’s see – that was….THIRTY years ago??? Okay – no further questions, LOL.

To continue, I did make it on time for my meeting…by the skin of my teeth…and slightly scruffy. I’m not sure I paid enough attention to my hair, or what I threw on as clothes. I checked later and nothing was inside out, so it wasn’t completely hopeless. Fortunately, whatever papers were required had been prepared the night before, so I may even have seemed efficient. I can’t really remember the drive to get there though. But the client served me coffee, and my notes are legible, so we’ll leave it at ‘all’s well that ends well’.

I blame it, in part, on Kilroy. His absence totally screwed up my morning schedule. He’s back now, Once more I can pour my coffee (love those machines with timers!!), then sleepwalk into my office and bring up his Blog. It’s like the bell training mice to eat. My brain comes alive. Karen told me she feels the same about MY blog – so I am determined to be a daily writer again. I know the withdrawal pains, and no-one puts a friend through that on purpose. Just to be safe, I gave her Kilroy’s address. Now she has something to fall back on when I do get up too late to keep my resolution.

Once more – it is time to go. In fact, it is past time. Those horoscope people were way wrong about the windfall, but I’m still above ground, so I’m SMILING!
Have yourselves a great day, people. Don’t forget your SMILES, especially if your day isn’t going so well. It somehow makes things just a little easier! (and that last phrase was for you, my friend Kilroy, LOL!)

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

30 years ago...that's a long time. I used to cut my grass in 30 minutes 30 years ago , now it takes me at least 1/2 a day, and another 1/2 day to cut the rest. It seems we slow down with age, at least that's my case . Don't be surprised if you too are slowing down. C'est la vie. I will now do as you do, watch for your blog each AM. Kilroy...xxx