Tuesday, May 29, 2012

AND HERE WE GO AGAIN...TORNADO!!

Something has shifted – don’t be surprised if snowstorm after snowstorm happens in Alabama this winter – we’re getting Justi’s tornados it seems! The one on Friday was a shock – and a wake-up call. Most of us didn’t take the warning seriously, and WHAM! It was on us and caused considerable property damage. When the Weather Network put out more alerts for this afternoon and evening, do you think we are paying attention?? You can bet your tootsie we are!!


I was to visit a couple of clients in the city and had planned to leave around 1 PM this afternoon. I noticed Grump was very hyper since 11 or so this morning. He is such a calm doggie that just that alone gives cause for concern. Then the news came in – and the trip to the city was immediately cancelled.


I sent Suzie home already, but before she left she helped bring in anything that could fly away outside – my gallery swing, chairs.... and the BBQ is stationed beside my bedroom doors ready to be rolled inside if I see the wind picking up.


There is a weird, grey stillness in the air. Thunder rolls can be heard off in the distance, but are getting louder. My mountain is wearing a dense mist. Oh yeh – there’s a bully of a storm approaching!


My older son, Bow, and his Japanese wife, Yo, wanted us to all come to wait it out at their home which is situated on the other side of the city, and out of danger range. First of all, it is much too late for that. My daughter and my youngest son with their families live in this area too. We’re keeping tabs on each other, and will do so until it is all over. Maybe it will just slip by us all as it did to me last Friday.


In the meantime, I’m going outside with my nervous Grump and watch it come. I love turbulent weather...to a point. Don’t worry; I’ll be hiding down in the basement with my two doggies if it gets too wild!!


I’ll be back later with the update! Sending you all a huge SMILE!!


Luv from the Bush in Quebec (or is it Alabama???)

No comments: