Friday, January 13, 2012

LIFE IS NOT THEN...

Things have been happening around here – mysteries?

One of the exterior lights above my gallery has not worked for at least 6 months. The light is enclosed in a carriage lamp type of container, and it has to be taken apart piece by piece to get at the bulb inside; very pretty, but a nuisance to change when the bulb blows. I had mentioned it more than once to Bird, especially when we were on the balcony swing where the offending lamp was quite evident. “If I could, I would fix it for you,” he had answered, also more than once. He no longer had the physical energy, and I finally realized that it bothered him immensely, so I quit talking about it. I just never seemed to find the time, or the courage, to climb up on the ladder and do it myself. Although annoying, it wasn’t high on my list of priorities.

I noticed about 5 days ago that the lamp is now shining as brightly as any of the others out there. Surprised, I spoke to Fred, then my sons, then texted my nephew in NB. Who had done the good deed? Each of them replied, “Not me.” Mystery number one?

On Wednesday, a friend mentioned to me that the e-mail I had sent him had come in over Twitter. He wasn’t part of that social network, but was wondering if I had received his reply anyway. Twitter? I wasn’t part of that network either! I checked my inbox. No, his reply was not there. He sent me a print of what was on his screen... my ‘twitter’ message. Yes, it WAS my message my friend had received, with this very odd address attached. I immediately went searching – in Twitter (even joined the thing just to be allowed to look!), in Hotmail, in Yahoo, in Facebook, and others. Everywhere it came back indicating ‘Sorry – address and username not found”. The address was: (my name) @ lifeisnotthen. Mystery number two?

Everything comes in threes, it is said. I had an appointment with a client yesterday morning; I was to be at his office for 7 AM. I woke just before 5 AM, and made my way to the kitchen for coffee. I had the cup in hand, was about to take the first sip, when the music started. I recognized it at once – the chimes of Bird’s cell phone. I walked over to the little bureau and pulled open the drawer where the cell phone has been stored for the past weeks. The phone was flashing – ‘Alarm 6:00 AM’ it said. When I picked it up, it abruptly stopped. I pressed the ‘on’ button. Nothing. The battery was dead. Of course! It hasn’t been charged for ages, and obviously not since the daylight saving time change...the real time was 5 AM, not 6 AM. This then was mystery number three?

I know how I’m feeling, how I believe. As far as I’m concerned, there is no mystery here, but I would like to hear your views.

Is he telling me that what he lived here, for him, is now “then”, but.... Life is not then.

Think about it! Could it mean that where he is now is what life is really about? He promised me he would give me a sign if at all possible. I have seen more than one sign... but then, anyone who knew Bird would tell you that he always was an extremist. AND he was also convinced that it took his sister awhile to catch on. SO yes – it would be like him to show me again...and again...and again.

He can show me as many signs, for as long as he wants. That’s okay. With each event I feel him close, and that makes me SMILE.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

WOW...Difficile d'émettre un commentaire. Question de :.....tu crois ou ne crois pas. Sans doute qu'une explication logique existe pour tous ces évènements mystérieux. Beau blog ,bien raconté. Toujours un plaisir de les lire. Take more time off to write.