Saturday, May 14, 2011

THE DECISION



Today I will contact my office landlord and give him the three months notice required by law. In retrospect, it is something I should have done before this – like when I discovered that my ex-associate had left me ‘holding the bag’, so to speak. He still hasn’t made good on his promise to pay me what he owes.

I had hoped that the tax season would pull us through. It was very busy, but still not enough, and after taking a good look at where the company is heading, and spending many nights considering my options, I made the decision. Fortunately, with today’s technology allowing nearly instant contact with clients, the accounting work can be done right from home, with a run into the city once a week. The health-care agency part, which requires constant monitoring from a central site, will be discontinued.

I wasn’t sure how Line would react when I informed her on Monday, but she is in complete agreement. We are presently discussing how, or if, we will continue working together.

For the moment, the one bright note is that those many hours spent each day in traffic, not counting the dollars saved in gas, will be over. Just that alone is worth the hassle of the move.

I know one puppy who is going to be extremely happy to have his mistress around most of the time, and that makes me SMILE.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

J'ai été occupé toute la journée à l'extérieur et ce n'est que ce soir que j'ai ouvert mon ordinateur pour lire ton blog. Pour une surprise, c'en en est toute une, et sans doute que ce n'est pas avec gaieté de cœur que la décision a été prise. tu as pris cette décision. Sans doute que tu vas pouvoir prendre un repos bien mérité ...I hope. I'm speachless. Thank you for letting me know. me....xxx