Wednesday, November 10, 2010

AND ON THIS WEDNESDAY


My rug-rats in the Jacuzzi

I could tell by my brother’s voice he wasn’t feeling well at all. He rarely calls me at the office, so when the receptionist told me he was on the phone, I knew something was wrong. He said he ‘wasn’t bad’ when I asked, but the dude has to be literally dying before he’ll admit it – he’s doesn’t want me to worry.

Right!

He was in pain. That hole in his throat is causing all sorts of problems, one of them being re-occurring pneumonia. His appointment for the lung scan is only on my return from Saskatoon – two weeks away. However, he will be seeing his family doctor early in the morning of my departure. I’ll have time to go with him and make sure she gives him adequate medication. Suffering is NOT an option! I contacted my youngest son, Jo, who had been on morphine a few weeks ago for a stomach problem. As I suspected, he still had some pills, so he ran them up to his Uncle Bird.

I left the office late, but decided the doggies could wait another hour, and drove on to my bro’s apartment. He was a bit better, he said, and was hoping the donation from Jo would help him pass the night. He’s sleeping now, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it will last at least until tomorrow morning when the pharmacy opens.

It had been 11 days since I’d last seen my rug-rats, and I was in the area, so why not? I stopped off at Jo’s place and, sure enough, was rewarded by hugs and kisses from my two little grandsons. The baby was already in bed, but two outta three ain’t bad! N. was happy to tell me that he got a smiley face on his sheet from kindergarten today; a super day, he called it. B. was dancing and singing with the cartoon on the TV when I left. I drove home, smiling all over just from having shared some time with them. They are a no-fail recipe for feeling good!

The doggies were patiently waiting, and gave me the usual exuberant greeting when I arrived at the house. We went for a short walk. There is something magic about the bush in the evening. It was dark but not at all cold outside; the stars were bright in the sky, and it was so quiet and peaceful! Our stroll was just long enough to sharpen our appetites. After our meal I sat on my rocker by the fire in the kitchen/dining area and watched them wrestle (showing off for the mistress), answered the phone a couple of times (I’m on call), then did my stint in the Jacuzzi. Now I’m going to hunt down that Morpheus fellow and take him to bed, LOL!

Hoping you are having sweet dreams, my friends. If you see someone in there with a huge SMILE, it may be yours truly…..who managed to trap Morpheus after all, LOL!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

No comments: