Saturday, November 28, 2009

NEW FRIENDS!

I’ve got my truck back! It looks and runs like it was brand new – they shampooed inside it too – a bonus! I’ve been driving a truck for so long now that I really didn’t feel secure in the little Honda Accord. The garage is one of our clients, so the repair costs were more than reasonable, and the loan of the Accord was thrown in free. This lady has no complaints!

I have already told you in here about my joining an internet site for writers. It has been a year now, and many of the writers in there have become friends. We comment on each others work, offering encouragement, constructive criticism, and congratulations when due. I was more than delighted when a couple of these writers contacted me, saying they were coming to Montreal, and asked me to join them for supper. I accepted, of course, and last night after work I met them at Moe’s restaurant on the West Island. The lady is from Australia, while her husband is a native of Montreal. They are both published writers, and extremely interesting people. We sat, chatting and laughing for hours, and could have gone on for many more. Because we already knew each other through our many stories read on the site, we just naturally slipped into an easy familiarity. It was as if we had been friends for years. I wonder if Kilroy’s ears were burning, because he came up in our conversation, as did my children, grandchildren and Dawna & Malcolm’s travel experiences in Mexico. Beware of what you say when you talk to an aspiring writer – your words are sure to be repeated, LOL!

Because I had to pick up my truck before the garage closed at 3 PM, I had left the office early. The location was in the same area as the restaurant, so instead of returning downtown, I used the free time to visit ‘Chapters’. I love that store! For over two hours I wandered around, surrounded by stacks and stacks of books, browsing here and there….and ended up spending too much money. But hey! I actually did some Xmas shopping before December 24th, which, unfortunately, is my usual day for that hectic venture.

Today I need to drive into the office and catch up on some work. I was to join my Cuban friends this evening – the traditional Xmas tree decorating – and my daughter is having a small party at her house. If I’m not too tired, I’ll attempt to visit both places. At the moment there is a lot of noise happening here at home. The guys are installing a snow fence on the roof. I don’t want my gallery ramp knocked over again. The sunshine out there this morning is just a ruse – the snow WILL come!

Off I go! Sending you all a big SMILE – hoping you are out there enjoying your Saturday!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

Beware of what you say when you talk to an aspiring writer – your words are sure to be repeated, LOL!What exactly do those words mean..?
Nice blog, easy to read and interesting. I feel a certain happiness transpiring in the choice of your words. I guess you got up early, and well rested to be so inspired . Seems that the flue influence has disappeared the way you are running around. Don't forget to get your shot.xxxx Kilroy