Saturday, December 31, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


It’s New Year’s Eve – just another hour to go before we’ll be in 2017. I’ve been alone with my doggies since late afternoon. The kids are out and about at different parties. I was invited to at least 3 of them, but refused. Pyjamas, a glass of eggnog and rum, the hockey game, then listening to music I used to enjoy with my mom and brother and sister once upon a time. This is exactly what I wanted.

I’m amazed at how well all of us have been able to adjust to the recent changes in our lives. The Rugrats are quite calm in spite of the separation, and the more I watch their dad (my youngest son), the more I admire him as a father; my oldest son and wife and little Miko deal very well with the noise created by so many in one house (there are 8 of us, 4 being children), the doggies are enjoying the extra attention, and Mémère? Well, she grins and repeats what she seems to have been saying forever: “The more, the merrier!”

Blessed – that is what we are. A close and loving family facing together whatever comes our way, which, thankfully, has been mostly all good. We’ll greet 2017 with SMILES!!

Sending lots of them out to you all, with the best wishes for a great NEW YEAR!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

Je suis en retard , mais quand même, bonne année a mon amie Koolcat. Je viens tout juste de lire ton blog. Je constate que tu maintiens toujours la bonne attitude comme une vraie bonne anglaise.
Beaucoup de soleil dans ta vie pour la prochaine année. Take care...JP