Friday, December 25, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL!

I wanted to write more, but our electricity went off yesterday afternoon after a strong wind storm, and all the cooking and cleaning planned for that day was put on hold, so this morning I am running!! At least the power came back on this morning at 6:30, so I had an early start. Both ovens are going right now - yes!

My neighbour and his girlfriend, a lovely new acquaintance, came over and gave me a hand decorating the trees, cleaning up around outside, doing other little things until it got too dark. Then we made a nice fire, sipped wine, and enjoyed the bright, full moon while we chatted; the beautiful Louka and Mommy and Litte Pint (his tiny Yorkshire) also joined the fun. We ordered pizza - there was still power in the village - then they went home, with promises to drop in on my family supper tonight. We will be 20 - and that's JUST family - opening gifts and filling our faces with Christmas turkey and tortieres (Meat pies) among other goodies.

I love this time of the year, even if there is no snow.

Sending warm Christmas smiles and hugs to you all!!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: