Sunday, October 11, 2015

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

The pharmacist (not the greedy doc) had come up with the brilliant idea that I take Gravol an hour before each antibiotic pill, and with this I managed to keep the medicine down, even if I slept walked through most of the week. Friday night was the last of them, and I was so looking forward to eating something other than cereal and soup! I should have remembered that the effects last a little longer. Ok – lesson learned...again.

I did force myself to go and buy a turkey (I could feel my Mom at my elbow), which I will cook today. There is no formal gathering planned. I still haven’t the energy for a houseful of family and friends, but if anyone does drop in, there will be food to eat. I’ll take a plate into my niece, who is in the hospital and in far worse shape than I ever was. She called me yesterday to remind me not to forget the dressing. It’s an old family recipe, and both she and I have been enjoying it each turkey occasion as far back as we can remember.

My son and my Japanese DIL dropped in with little Miko last night – that child smiles at me and I absolutely melt! She cuddled on my knee as we watched the Habs beat the Bruins, and I lifted her little arms celebrating the goals, and she giggled, showing all 4 of her new front teeth. So quickly does time fly! She is already 9 months old, and just her being here is reason alone to be thankful. There are plenty other reasons – I am convinced that I am one of the most blessed persons on this planet. The more I read the news, the firmer is my belief.

For all my Canadian friends, I wish you a happy Thanksgiving Day. And for those who will celebrate at a later date, I wish you the same. There is nothing wrong being grateful every day, is there? I’m sending out big SMILES with those wishes, big enough to wrap this special weekend in warmth and caring and just plain old joy!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: