Monday, April 6, 2015

I'VE CAUGHT A BUG...

It was early when I showed up to deliver their Easter Eggs, and of course the Rug Rats were up and bouncing around. I accepted the invitation for coffee, chatted with my son and DIL, reaching out to snare one grandson, then another, as they skipped past where we were sitting. The youngest, Tao, gave me a chocolate wrapped heart. After a proper thank you hug, I put it into my white vest pocket, then promptly forgot it. It was only when doing laundry later in the day that I found it...thankfully BEFORE throwing the vest in with the white load. That was luck, because I very rarely check my own pockets – there is never anything in them – but I just happened to pick the vest up by that exact spot and felt the candy. Oof!

My niece and her daughter dropped out with a friend for an hour or so, but had another supper invitation that they had already accepted. My call had been a spontaneous one; I hadn’t planned on buying that turkey, remember? So there was no let-down really. The turkey got cooked anyway, stuffing and all, but I was not feeling so well yesterday, so the biggest part of it will be sandwiches and soup this week. I ended up in bed before the hockey game was over (SICK!) and spent the night up and down, aching and lamenting.

My back is still sore today. It’s a bug going around. My friend had it last week, but he just goes and hides on the couch when he’s ill, very rarely complains at all. Fortunately he has been around long enough to know that I need to be babied when it’s my turn, LOL.

I sent condolences from the Blogit family to Sam this morning by text, so she’ll know that we’re thinking of her. I also used the internet to post a message to her on the board at the Funeral parlour where the service was being held.

I was supposed to tell you about my new office, but it’ll be for next time. I can only sit for short periods before my back makes it most uncomfortable. I’m going to crawl into the Jacuzzi now – that does help – then see if I can’t find Morpheus. It’s back to work tomorrow, and I want to be in shape.

Hope you all enjoyed your Easter holiday, and sending y’all a SMILE to wind it down.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: