Monday, December 24, 2012

BAH! HUMBUG!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO Y’ALL!!!

There’ll be no traditional Christmas in my bush this year. No tree. No feast. No gathering of the clan. Worse...much worse...no rug rats. Another story for another time.

Mentally it has been awhile; physically, I just got back to civilization, the last three days without electricity...so without water, without computer, without phone....not a sound at night but the wind and the crackling fire. The days were spent melting snow to flush toilets, carrying wood to keep the fires going, shoveling the 4 feet plus off the gallery before it collapsed, lovely long walks with the doggies, wading through all that beautiful white stuff, laughing as I watched Smooch bury his whole head in it while trying to find his squeaky ball. It all reminded me of my brother, of the life we shared on the farm where we spent most of our childhood.

During the past month I was in and out of Blogit, commented here and there....except for Kabu’s post on snakes, and thank you, dear lady, for warning me in your title – I steered away. The 3 days without power has made me fall further behind, so I anticipate hours of pleasure in the catching up.

The parakeet is still here. I kept him alive and warm by placing his cage beside the fireplace during the power failure. I’m teaching him to say ‘B_tch’...in the likely event that he moves back home. It would be a pity – I like that bird and don’t really want to lose him, but he’s not mine.

But, hey, it is Christmas for y’all after all – and I have my power back – and the world didn’t end – and I’m sending you all huge, warm SMILES for this special day!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: