Saturday, February 25, 2012

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW...

The doggies love it!

It is just turning light, and the view outside is a perfect Winter Wonderland. Not much was moving during the storm last night, and huge flakes are still drifting down, softly adding to the deep pile already on the ground. The truck showed up at 2 AM to clean my long driveway, so there are huge banks there. Other than that, it’s virgin white as far as the eye can see. It makes one feel sorry for those who never have the chance to enjoy the beauty of snow.

I woke at 4:30 AM. Knowing that I still have much work to be done, I decided to get at it. Smooch lifted his head and wagged his tail when I came into the kitchen. He has quickly learned NOT to bug mistress in the morning until she gives him the signal...and especially not until she’s had her coffee!! He did come and half sit on my slippered foot as I was pouring the first cup, but when there was no reaction on my part, he yawned widely and made his way back to curl on his cushion. Grump, well trained, only lifted his ears, letting me know he was aware I was up. Other than that little sign, he didn’t even move.

My intentions were good. The files for this morning’s work had been prepared last night (before that terrible hockey game where Sam and I watched FSI’s Capitals cream my HABS) and I lifted the first folder and set it beside my computer. But...I had read in Kabu’s post yesterday afternoon that she and Wiley were going into town. They get similar weather to mine, and the roads here were really bad last night. I decided to look into Blogit, hoping that she had come back in to let us know they had made it home safe and sound. She had, so that was fine. What wasn’t fine is that I gave into the temptation to read other blogs...then a couple more...made a comment here and there...then more after that. Now it’s past 7 AM, and I still haven’t touched that file. And there’s all that snow out there just begging for a toboggan.....Arrrgh!!!

Nope. I will not succumb. This work has to get done – there is an unforgiving government requiring all sorts of paper before the end of this month...which is Wednesday. A breathtaking slid down that hill being chased by a couple of gleeful doggies will have to wait. Sigh.

Then again...maybe I have time for a quick romp...

Will I give into temptation for the second time already? I leave you with that question, folks, and of course, a huge SMILE to start your day!!!

Luv from the very snowy Bush in Quebec.

No comments: